However i'd like to address the number one concern some of you will be having right away.
For those who do not wish to participate in this, you will not have to. So you wont be raided the moment this goes live when we have fully fleshed it out. Don't worry :).
Here is a list of Nations features that will come into play.
- It will be alliance based. There will be 2 alliances. 1 for each Nation.
- To join a nation, a majority of your tribe must be level 70 or above. Those under level 70 are not allowed to participate in Nations activities.
- Nations will be given special perks. Like teleporters, Redwood Trees, and access to special benches that have cheaper materials.
- Nations will have stories and lore. This will not just be a red vs blue type system. There will be reasons for these raids and battles.
- Nations will be lead by people who will work with admins to make sure it is always fair, balanced and people wont just create super teams of highly skilled players to constantly stomp the other Nation.
- Nations will have to recruit people to join their side in the battles to come.
- Those who have joined a Nation (And thus enabled pvp) will have to place some colored trophies around their base to signify their allegiance.
- Once someone has joined a nation they will have to make a small hut that looks like THIS within their base. This hut will contain a small storage container with a note that includes the pin codes to the tribes vaults and doors. Vaults with blueprints or other materials listed as protected from non-wartime raiding do not have to have this pin code on them.
- Once a tribe has joined a nation they will have the option to defend their homestead by placing 6 Auto-Turrets around their base. These autoturrets must be placed atop "Keep Pillars", nothing else.
- A Nations Capital City is constructed by the leader of that alliance.
- Each alliance will have FOBs, Forward Operating Bases that will be treehouses that will be kitted out for war. Each tower must be destroyed to enable the final assault on the nations Capital City.
- Each tower will be spaced and placed at strategic locations in a line or a circle around the city to mark out territories.
Here are some details on War Time Raiding
- War Time Raiding will ONLY enable raiding on the Nations Capital City.
- All out war will happen on a biweekly basis. 1 week of raiding, 1 week of no raiding and recooping.
- Those not in any of the Nations will be OFF LIMITS TO RAIDING. These people will be called Sovereign Citizens.
- All creatures within a Capital City or are near it are forfeit and are up to the discretion of the opposing Nation.
- During a non-wartime raid you are only allowed to raid someone who is a member of the opposing Nation
- To raid a member of a nation one must destroy all 6 Auto-Turrets defending their base. Once done a you will have to break into their Guard Post to acquire the pin codes to the rest of their compound.
- Further base destruction beyond what is required to above is not allowed.
- If more turrets are found within said base that are aggressive towards players and/or tames, they are forfeit and an admin can be summoned to destroy them. If one cannot be summoned, materials that would have been won during said raid will be rewarded to the raiding tribe at a later day.
- Not everything can be taken during a non-wartime raid. Only half of each material type is allowed to be taken. The rest must be left behind.
- Dinos cannot be killed during a Non-Wartime Raid and must be knocked unconcious. However there are exceptions to this as alot of creatures hitboxes are impossible to deal with. Here is a list of creatures that can be killed if they are used in defense.
-Purlovia (Due to the traplike nature of this creature, it would be unfair to force someone to have to tranq it.)
With the Nations will also come Sovereign Citizens, our answer to players who have dont wish to participate in the wars and raiding to come. While within the rules it may seem like taxes and whatnot could become annoying and toxic. I can assure you this will not be the case, we will be keeping an eye on it to make sure it's fun and interactive and there will be interesting ways of paying tribute to the Nation you are within or are near the territory of.
- Sovereign Citizens cannot participate in raiding, under any circumstances.
- There will be a way for these citizens to mark our their homes to make it obvious to would be raiding parties that they are off limits.
- Even if a citizen is within the territory of a nation and in thus pay taxes to that nation they are NEVER to be considered a member of that nation and are subject to a completely different set of rules.
- Sovereign Citizens are not allowed to purchase things from the special perk benches of Nations. These are exclusive to Nations and nations only. You may not subvert this by purchasing things for someone and selling them at a similar price to a citizen.
We are currently looking for leaders for the Nations as well as a mod tool that will allow us to pass ownership of structures with ease before going forward with the Nations feature.
To see the list of current rules on regarding Nations, head on over to our Server Rules post HERE